Benefits of online cohort learning
The goal of a cohort/group is to build an environment that emphasizes collaboration and team building over competition; a valuable asset in today’s workplace.
The International Sports Sciences Association learning model through group learning fosters student participation, creativity, builds leadership skills, generates a sense of community at a predetermined 10-week pace.
The model offers many benefits including:
- A shared learning experience that features enriching discussions of real-world health, fitness, nutrition and business issues among a diverse group of students and currently practicing fitness professionals.
- Collaboration, leadership and teamwork skills, necessary for success in today’s workplace and or independently run businesses.
- Interactive learning that enables students to think independently and develop their own conclusions and ideas.
- Cultivation of professional and personal networks that may continue long after the certification has been awarded.
- A clearly-defined timeline and format allowing working professionals to pursue the certification without giving up their day job.